Wimbledon - QF Roger Federer

July 11, 2018



Roger Federer - Kevin Anderson 6-2 7-6 5-7 4-6 11-13
The end of Wimbledon 2018 for me. What can I say? It hurts when your favorite goes down after being 2 sets up and having a matchpoint in the 3rd set. After cruising through previous rounds my hopes were high and even after losing 3rd and 4th set I could not see him lose this match. Not today, not in SW19, not against Anderson, not against anyone, not on his turf. After getting broken in the 5th at 11-11 I realised the end of Wimbledon 2018 could be near but still I saw a way back. Feeling like I would either burst in tears or get sick on the court I rushed out Court1 immediately after the last ball was hit. I could not bare to see Roger leave the court after such an upsetting ending. We have to realise that Roger isn't a robot he can't win everything but this one hurts like hell and all I kept thinking 'Please let this not be the last time I see Roger play in SW19".  Goodbye Wimbledon, hope to see you next year.. 😭

Post a Comment